1. 124 abstracts and presentations submitted by 199 Duke Faculty and Staff. List of presentations and presenters can be viewed here!
2. Congratulations to Gina Badescu, M.D., Jeffrey N. Browndyke, Ph.D., Todd B. Harshbarger, Ph.D., Tiffany Bisanar, R.N., Monique Fontes, B.A., Mihai V. Podgoreanu, M.D., Mark F. Newman, M.D., and Joseph P. Mathew, M.D. for earning the “Best of Abstracts” at this year’s ASA Conference. Their abstract, entitled, Prefrontal White Matter and Functional Network Changes after Cardiac Surgery, focused on postoperative cognitive decline (POCD) after cardiac surgery, and the recent advances that allowed them to dig deeper into the preoperative neurological relationship governing POCD. Click here to learn more!
3. Congratulations to Brandi Bottiger, M.D., Atif Raja, M.D., Katherine Grichnik, M.D., Madhav Swaminathan, M.D. and Manual Fontes, M.D., who revealed the development of a new 3-D tool that enables trainees in transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) to have real-time instructions in obtaining and interpreting high-quality images of the heart and major vessels via the Apple iPad. Read press release here!
4. For the second year in a row, Duke Anesthesiology Racing Team finished first place out of 32 teams at the ASA Run for the Warriors 5K Race, raising a total of $12,451.00. Click here to view team picture & learn more!
5. Four 2013 DREAM Innovation Grant winners were announced, which was made possible by the donors of the Duke DREAM Campaign click here to learn more about DIG. View the 2013 winners and their research here!
6. 142 guests joined us at the 2012 Duke ASA Alumni Reception at Union Station.
7. Out of 245 Facebook likes, one lucky fan won the signed Duke Basketball. Check out our Facebook fan page and see who won this year’s signed basketball! Want a chance to win next year? Like us on Facebook!
8. ASA At a Glance mobile app was launched with 268 unique downloads!
9. We proudly launched our BluePrint News & Events Blog. Click here to visit & stay up to date!
10. Enjoy photos of our Duke friends and family taken at this year’s ASA here!