Dr. Freiberger receiving the Craig Hoffman/Charles Shilling Award
- ACGME accredited fellowship training in Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine.
- Clinical rotations for medical students, interns and residents throughout the year, Duke graduate level course in the physiology of extreme environments.
- Meetings, seminars and continuing medical education.
- Outreach on diving, altitude and diseases treated with HBO (such as carbon monoxide poisoning).
- Scientific research and academic publications on diving and extreme environments.
- Leadership in the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society.
- Simulated dive exposures for the US armed forces and backup for military simulated altitude exposures and dives at no cost.
- Dr. Freiberger received the Craig Hoffman/Charles Shilling Award at the recent meeting of the Undersea & Hyperbaric Medical Society. This honor is awarded for outstanding contribution to teaching, education and/or diving safety, with particular reference to supporting the goals of the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society in educating the diving community and the public about science and the practice of diving medicine.