Dear Duke Anesthesiology friends and family,
We would like to thank all of our alumni, faculty, staff and friends who were able to attend Duke Anesthesiology’s 26th Annual ASA Alumni Reception in New Orleans. Our reception was held at the Old U.S. Mint museum, where our guests were greeted by the Duke Anesthesiology banner. From there, guests were invited to join in the Duke Basketball giveaway by liking us on Facebook or Doximity, and enjoyed authentic, New Orleans, passed hors d’oeuvres while taking in the Duke Anesthesiology Slideshow, live jazz music, and the many exhibits on display at the Old U.S. Mint! The evening culminated with an awards presentation given by our Interim Chair, Dr. Joseph Mathew, and the announcement of our 2015 DREAM Innovation Grant (DIG) recipients delivered by our Vice Chair of Research, Dr. David Warner. Enjoy photo gallery here.
As we plan for next year’s Duke ASA Alumni Reception in San Diego, CA, we would value your feedback on what you’d like to see at the event or a venue you would like to recommend. Please make your recommendations here!
Thank you again for your support to Duke Anesthesiology! Below are a few highlights from this year’s ASA and Alumni Reception that we thought you might enjoy. We look forward to celebrating with you again next year in San Diego!
Elizabeth Perez, RN, BSN
Highlights of Duke at the ASA*
- At this year’s ASA in New Orleans, 83 of our extraordinary faculty and staff contributed to over 71 abstracts and presentations. List of presentations and presenters can be viewed here!
- For the fourth year in a row, Duke Anesthesiology finished first out of 16 teams at the ASA Run for the Warriors 5K Race. Together we raised $11,655 and had a total of 19 runners and donors! READ MORE
- Four, 2015 DREAM Innovation Grant winners were announced READ MORE
- Dr. Terrence Allen, for his study, “The role of progestins and PGRMC1 in inflammation-induced fetal membrane weakening.”
- Dr. Atilio Barbeito, for his study, “Using Health Information Technology to Bridge the Quality Gap in Anesthesiology.”
- Dr. Boyi Liu, for his study, “Investigating Mechanisms Underlying Pathological Itch Conditions.”
- Dr. Jennifer Dominguez, who received the TJ Gan DIG Award, for her study, “Obstructive Sleep Apnea in Pregnancy: Development of a Pregnancy-Specific Screening Tool.”
- We had 132 guests at the Duke ASA Alumni Reception at the Old U.S. Mint in New Orleans. READ MORE
- We received 551 Facebook likes, 133 more than last year! One lucky fan, Dr. Alicia Shook, won the signed Duke Basketball. Want a chance to win next year? Like us on Facebook or Doximity today!
- The ASA At-a-Glance mobile app had 516 visits since its launch.
- Release of our 2014 BluePrint Publication. (stay tuned, our media-rich BluePrint publication will be released soon!)
- Enjoy photos taken at this year’s ASA. VIEW GALLERY
*A special thanks to all of the faculty who stayed behind to cover the OR’s and call coverage so that others could attend the ASA and to all of the staff who made the ASA Alumni Reception possible: Tiffany Nickel, Adam Hartz, Jack Newman, Elizabeth Perez, and the Duke University Stores.