Mission: The Duke HSPSC exists to improve the safety and efficiency of healthcare locally, nationally, and internationally through the innovative use of technology and simulation.
Vision: We will be recognized globally as a transformative force in healthcare simulation which, through a relentless pursuit of innovation, will directly contribute to improving health around the world.
Our Core Values:
- Innovation: We are discoverers, inventors and pioneers who passionately create new solutions and redefine existing ones to sharpen the edge of medical simulation.
- Excellence: We will pursue excellence in everything we do through hard work, determination, and by contributing to a positive working environment.
- Professionalism: We will conduct ourselves as professionals at all times by demonstrating respect for all, self-accountability for responsibilities, continuous growth, reliability, and discipline.
- Teamwork: We are members of a proud, well-coordinated, and effective team who share the responsibility for the lab’s success by combining individual talents, sharing knowledge, and supporting each other.
- Integrity: Our lab is built upon a bedrock of trust, honesty, and truthfulness.
- Collaboration: We appreciate the value of interdependence and continually seek rich, cooperative, relationships within Duke University Health System and the larger community to accomplish shared goals and missions.