Congratulations to one of our recent, new faculty, Dr. Ankeet Udani, who was awarded membership to the Duke Academy for Health Professions Education and Academic Development (Duke AHEAD) program.
The mission of Duke AHEAD is to promote excellence in the education of health professionals by creating a community of education scholars, fostering innovation in health professions education, supporting outstanding teachers, providing faculty development programs, and facilitating quality education research.
- Provide faculty development programs aimed at enhancing the teaching and pedagogical expertise of the faculty
- Advance excellence and innovation in Duke’s health professions educational programs
- Mentor faculty to be leaders who will shape the future of health professions education
- Serve as a centralized resource for faculty who wish to pursue an interest in education and education research
- Enhance and increase Duke’s scholarly contributions to the educational literature
- Recognize and reward exceptional faculty contributions to health professions education
- Provide guidance to AP&T committees regarding the definition and measurement of pedagogical expertise, education contributions, and excellence in teaching
- Develop strategies to streamline educational efficiency across Duke’s health professions programs
- Establish and sustain effective partnerships among existing educational programs across Duke.