The first SMART class will comprise up to 20 mentors in Duke Anesthesiology who meet the following criteria:
- Full-time, regular rank faculty
- Engaged in clinical or translational research
- Have at least one junior faculty and/or fellow as a mentee on a research project
- Must have completed at least 5 years as Duke faculty, or have completed the ABLE program
- Must be able to commit to attending both sessions
- Must have the support of their division chief
The selection process will prioritize diversity and encourage the inclusion of under-represented minority faculty.