Samila Mohseni received a Doctor of Education degree in Technology Education from North Carolina State University and holds Master’s and Bachelor’s degrees in Computer Science. She comes to us from NCSU with almost 20 years experience in developing technology solutions for academic, financial and human resource systems for a campus of more than 40,000.
It is our pleasure to welcome Samila Mohseni, Ed.D., to the department as our new Director of Information Technology. We are excited to have Samila join us and look forward to her contributions to key initiatives in the department including:
- Leading a working group with the Duke Health Technology Solutions (DHTS) database group to integrate new and legacy perioperative clinical outcomes-based data into operational and research data marts to support the continued advancement of knowledge in clinical care
- Working with the Faculty INformatics Anesthesiology Leadership (FINAL) Team to determine key directions for our outcomes research opportunities
- Continuing to align Department of Anesthesiology IT support with DHTS and SOM resources while maintaining the unique, collaborative and productive environment of the department’s integrated academic home
- Expanding perioperative IT solutions capability, including the development of a web-based faculty reporting system that allows faculty to both enter and track their ongoing academic and clinical contributions
- Coordinating with the Innovative Education group to take optimal advantage of new learning technology in our ongoing education of our trainees, faculty, alumni and outside colleagues
“Finding the right person to work with our faculty and Dr. Sanderson in his role as CAIO was key to the success of our investment in information technology. I am excited to welcome Samila to the team as the culmination of a yearlong nationwide search. She brings the experience and expertise that will allow us to move forward quickly in an area of great importance both to us and our patients.” – Mark F. Newman, MD