For Emergency Hyperbaric Medicine Consultation:
For life threatening emergencies, always call 911 or your local emergency number first.
The Duke Hyperbaric Center is available to treat all diving and / or hyperbaric medicine emergencies 24 hours per day 365 days per year.
To contact Duke Dive Medicine call 919 684-8111 and ask for the Hyperbaric Physician on Call.
The Duke Center for Hyperbaric Medicine and Environmental Physiology is an integral part of Duke Hospital. Call 919 684-6726 to schedule an appointment.
- The Duke Center for Hyperbaric Medicine and Environmental Physiology is the Southeast’s regional referral center for Hyperbaric Medicine.
- It is a multi-place, critical care-oriented, hyperbaric facility available 24 hours a day.
- The Duke chambers were the first in the nation and to earn the UHMS “with distinction” certification. They are the only hyperbaric chamber in NC with that honor.
- All Duke Dive Medicine physicians are board certified in Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine and have more than 120 years of collective experience and are IMCA / DMAC certified for fitness to dive examinations
- Duke Dive Medicine provides medical evaluation and consultation for planned human extreme environmental exposures including recreational, technical and commercial diving, terrestrial high altitude exposure and space travel at 919-684-6726.